Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What next Annaji?

My question- "what next Annaji?" is pointed towards the common man.

Quite concisely I knew the fate of Lokpal on April 22, 2011 as I highlighted in Vande Matram, still in some corner of my heart I had some hope not in government but the democracy which is non-existent.

And it is not only me who is perturbed, I read what Kiran Bedi tweeted today, at this moment - "Govt bill reinforces practice of two sets of laws in enforcement. With PM, judiciary and MPs for corruption in the house out of lokpal bill. By its new draft govt makes it three inquiry\ investigating overlapping agencies. CBI, CVC and Lokpal. Not one single anti corruption body. It also bifurcates the bureaucracy into higher and lower. And provides non effective relief for a common man. It also leaves the state ayukts out. Which means states will need to struggle for effective anti corruption institution too. The selection panel is a political heavy weight. Ours was a mixed balance. The removal of a corrupt lokpal was direct. Now indirect via Govt. What is the point of agreeing on minor issues while not agreeing on a basic independent structure proposed for Lokpal needed most."

What will I do next? I'm bound by my own shackles, so should I sit quietly and watch the drama. I'm highly perturbed. My tolerance is not my weakness... the battle has to begin now, it's the time for the wishes to be fulfilled.... I'll keep you posted.

No comments: