Wednesday, July 6, 2011

hope....


Epilogue:
It was pouring heavily today when I first saw him, silently sitting in the garden on a rusted green bench. For a moment it seemed that he was lost in the sound and sight of the heavens washing away the dirt and dust of the world and after a while he started to shiver. I walked up to him "hey, you should not be sitting here anymore" and he glanced at me with bleary eyes that was the first time when I noticed his face. He looked despondent and fragile. Tears flooded his eyes and he covered them with his hands. He was visibly struggling......

The speech:
"The words expectation and hope are separated with a very fine line. Expectations are driven by mental logic and there are particular areas of our life where we should be filled with expectations. Like I expect that I should be paid each month for the work I do. Managers expect that their employees should work effectively and deliver in time. Whereas hope is something that is a wish, a dream sometimes you work for it sometimes you don't -- but you don't expect it to happen. That way there are fewer disappointments and more pleasant surprises. So the advice is to keep our hopes high and expectations low.
A man once came to me heartbroken, financially depressed, facing a complete mayhem. I asked him what was hurting him the most, to which he replied that I often find myself in the place of expectation and nothing turned out according to the expectations. I broke up with my fiance, I got trapped in a heavy debt, my job is also not paying me well and I can't find a way out. I just provided him with a little hope, a little pep talk. He clung to hope without expectations and things stopped hurting him anymore, he was able to smile again, he was able to feel love again, a new life... a new beginning all because of hope from his heart.
The morale is no matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. Every area of trouble gives out a ray of hope; and the one unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain or unchangeable. When you put faith, hope and love together you can live positively in a negative world."

The Story:
The mornings infused a new life in him, he woke up and listened patiently to the sound of the cool breeze and bird chirping before he climbed out of the bed. In an hour he was all set to go to work. He rehearsed his speech for one last time, and with the last word the door bell rang. "I am sorry, I am sorry" is all that they said. His wife and kids were killed in a road mishap. A case was filed for negligent and drunken driving against the driver, who was pronounced not guilty by the court today. A decision that defied all the expectations of justice.

*This is inspired by a real life incident.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made a few mistakes yeah. Like sometimes we do. Been through a lot of heartache. But I made it back to you.

I WASN'T MEANT TO LOVE LIKE THIS..
NOT WITHOUT YOU.

Coz when I look at my life.
How the pieces fall into place.
It just wouldn't RHYME without You.

And when I see how my path.
Seems to end before your face.

The state of my heart.
THE PLACE WHERE WE ARE.
WAS WRITTEN IN THE STARS.

rivercat said...

my word!, actually YOUR words are amazing. I started reading this thinking how nicely it was written and soon the story and heart of this took dominance. There is some old saying about everyone having it worse, but what about that last guy? Anyway, I love this post!
Crying With A Sense Of Human