Friday, September 11, 2009

Friends Are Friends


You love them, you fight them, you oppose them, you defend them.... FAF
You contest them, you endorse them, you trust them, you support them, you party together, you study all night, you dine together, you wine together, you bug them, you hug them... FAF

I wonder when I write today how our friendship began, there was no picturesque starting. A hi, hello at some time.. a few casual meet-ups and then slowly and steadily it grew like we never knew or thought of. I never knew that so different personalities could ever complement each other so well.
We played together and he loved to win. I loved to lose when I was on the other side(though I could not have defeated him :) and l loved to win when we were a team(I knew I'll win when he's at my side :). I still remember all the times when he just stood at my side and that was all I needed I could fight the world upright. I had my failures and imperfections that were shrugged off like a kids tantrum.
Then came the tough times of our friendship, when the trust seemed to be broken. The failures and imperfections seemed to have taken a longer stride, it was me who got entangled and had to find a way out. I had to learn to set the limits which was extremely painful and gave me an intimidating sense of aloneness but then it turned out to be expressing the same love in a different manner. It is the friendship that I valued most and I just could not let it go by. The good days were back again and we were again on a joyous ride.
Then came the time of the big separation, our careers were on our mind, though I always want to be on his side. But we wanted to see each other successful and take pride in each others achievement. So the distance was inevitable but with the distance the bond strengthened. We have a few little meetings now like we had in the beginning but it doesn't seems he has gone, cause our hearts in big and small ways has the love that keeps us strong.

We are friends and friends forever,
We are not practical and clever,
We are what we signify and one day we will be together.

4 comments:

abhilasha said...

expression of the true feelings.
i understand of all relations friendship will always be at the top.

heartfelt appreciation

Jess Sikand said...

This is such a great memory. We all have someone whom we get attached to in our lives and have fond memories about them.

Sushant said...

Another "from the heart" writeup. Good going son.

Anonymous said...

Some way or the other way these are the feelings of a true relationship. Good work.

Gaurav Gupta