Sunday, November 28, 2010

Read Life

I was about to finish reading 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' by Khaled Hosseini today but with just 30-40 odd pages remaining I gave up. My heart was so burdened that I could not take it anymore, it almost felt like my heart crying and a thousand tears flooding it. This is one reason why I like reading... I like reading for understanding life. As life has uncountable experiences and even in a million lifetime I will not be able to experience all. Through books I can feel, I can feel the pain, the tears, the joy, the defeat, the victory. I am very selective about what I read and I get connected to books and the characters while I read them. I often find book sharing my emotions and touching me in a way that I almost find myself as a character in the book, living, breathing...
In this book that I read, I found such a desperate struggle for life and such endurance of a human being that I could not surmise it in words. You have to read it and feel it for yourself. And read you must for this is something real and no fiction but just the characters have changed. And while I am just writing it down I can not help and feel what Mariam and Laila will endure next and what will be there final destination. Signing off for now probably I'll be able to gather courage and complete reading this book soon.

3 comments:

Sneh Sagrika said...

Rajat, I guess you should read it completely. Khaled Hosseini is one of my favourite authors. I loved both his books. The second one is more touching than the first. But then that's how it is.. It will leave a huge impact on you, but then you will start to love you life even more.. trust me..

Beyond Horizon said...

pls read it till end...even if tears well up...d endurance of a human being is shown brilliantly and must be appreciated...dats wat a life is...call it as a journey...or a roller coaster ride...d only fact is we hve to live it...no matter wat..not being philosophical but dats wat hve started to realise...lifes really short..we hve to live every moment of it...d lost moments will nvr come back
:)

Arvind Mohan said...

nice blog... have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.arvrocks.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...