Sunday, May 8, 2011

Just a little wish for you, Maa


"In pain when my heart cries, mom's embrace is the balm to my pain."  
All I am and I ever will be, if you ever want to thank me or praise me for what I do- thank my maa and praise her. Whoever I am, I owe to the two ladies of my life- my maa and my naani maa.

Maa taught me that her boy should not give up on anything and Nanimaa taught me not to complain or regret.
Maa taught me that life is an endless challenge and Nanimaa taught me that no challenge is good or bad.
From Maa I learned to be eager and from Nanimaa to be humble.
From Maa I gained my courage from Nanimaa my patience.
They taught me to fear only the Almighty and the wrongs I do.
They taught me to respect the elders and love the younger ones.

As a child, I used to be stubborn but she never fulfilled all my demands. She taught me that sometimes it is important to lose and sometimes it is important to gain. She taught me not to take pride in my possessions and not to feel ashamed for what I don't possess. I was not born as someone destined to be great, no prodigy. I had no big and real dreams either but then one  day I realized my mom's dreams, dreams which she saw for me and they made me what I am. Her belief in me, became my belief and I dare not wrong her ever.

Maa... just a wish for you... may your smile fade never ever. Because my life began when you took me in your arms and smiled looking at my face.

7 comments:

Beyond Horizon said...

Happy Mothers Day to the two beautiful ladies in your life...

Its a wish made by every child.

Some lines for the most beautiful person in this world...
"Beauty of Divine,
Helps us to rise up and shine.
Her enduring serenity,
She is the Reflection of Almighty,
Keeps a family together,
She is a MOTHER"
:)

Gazal Bharadwaj said...

Hmmmm
happy mothers' day Maaaa
:)

Brittany said...

This really is gorgeous.
A mothers strength is my biggest inspiration.
Her love the most beautiful of all.

Saumya said...

god bless all the mothers round the world!!

Puja Abraham said...

The most beautiful bond in the world is between a mother & her child... Loved what you wrote.... she must be really proud of you :)

rivercat said...

this is beautiful!

my mom is my best friend
she taught me everything is OK

Beyond said...

Rob-love to have you hear.. and yes Mom is the best.