Friday, September 9, 2011

An Education Revolution

The Indian education system has got enslaved in capitalist society. Among the rat race to acquire a white collar job, our education system is producing more cattle folk than farmers. The educational heritage which imbibed 'guru-shishya parampara' has been destroyed. The Indian Education System whose objectives were acquisition of knowledge, inculcation of social duties and character building is now just focused on wealth generation. A teaching authority and fair-mindedness is lacking in our society. The fascination and craving for knowledge is missing among the students.

After volunteering for Teach For India, a thought struck me, I felt compelled and motivated to bring about a change in Higher Education, so that students can be educated rather and not just be degree holders. For I firmly believe that an educated soul is an enlightened soul and are the future of our society. With high hopes I decided to reach out to the educationalists. My first few experiences were bitter-a Dean Academic of a very prominent college openly announced cash for seat in the college to one M.Tech aspirant in front me and I knew that it was not my place to be, the other college whose director boosts of 41 years of rich teaching experience, renowned scientist and educationalist, gold medalist in M.E., holds Ph.D. from IIT(Bombay) and claims to chairman/expert/member of several academic bodies and institutes turned out to be a big dummy fed with money and no authority, crestfallen when I was about to decide to quit on my mission, I found a few people, who shared the same vision and respect for education as mine. I could not express my delight by the way they encouraged and revived me. I am roaring to go now.

I'll follow my belief, my belief that true education can shape the India I envisioned. My plans are clear I'll develop leadership among the students and teach those who have been deprived of education through night schools and classes. One me will find another me, and then so many believers will shape the India.

EDUCATION BUILDS THE MAN SO IT BUILDS THE NATION.

4 comments:

Jyoti Mishra said...

you've really brought up a point which really needs serious attention.

n i agree with u that these days getting degrees is mere a rat race.

Nice read !!!

flowinglights said...

Hey! liked ur post...i myself want to get involved in educating the unprivileged and underprivileged section of the society...but i dont know where to start from...if u can just give me some tips it would be great..thanks... deepti

Beyond said...

Hi Deepti, since you are in Pune, you can start with Teach For India. It is a wonderful initiative. You can find the contacts on
www.teachforindia.org or drop me a mail I'll give you the details of the person to contact.

Diamond Head said...

Bravo for all the efforts that help create an enlightened India!